We mamas know what it's like to be pressed for time. On those days when we're trying to get out the door in a flash, we need makeup that works with us (even if our kids won't). When you need a bit of natural-looking polish, here are the bare-bones essentials to keep you from looking like you just rolled out of bed:
1. Concealer - Smooth under the eyes and up to the inner corners of your nose (if there are dark shadows).
2. Stick Foundation - This is easy to apply and blend (even if you have one one free hand).
3. Cream Blush - Again, easy to blend. Try Orgasm for a fabulous shade!
4. Tinted Lip Balm - Gives you two for one - moisturizes and gives you some color. Can't ask for more than that.
5. Mascara - If you have time. It will give you the finishing touch.
So next time you wake up and want to get out the door pronto, or just have a fussy baby or toddler who doesn't care if you're made up or not, try this quick fix. Or, better yet, keep a bag of your favorite portable cosmetics stashed in your diaper bag and do your face in the car (not while driving, mind you) or in the restroom at your local coffee shop or library. Sometimes when baby has a change of scenery, and is safely tucked away in the carseat, stroller or baby carrier, she'll give you the five minutes you need to pull yourself together.