Monday, June 09, 2008
Capris for Summer
This season, capris and cropped pants are everywhere! A cooler alternative to full-length jeans or trousers, or a chic option instead of shorts, capris can look great on just about everyone. When shopping for the best length and style for you, here are a few key points to keep in mind:
• Make sure the hemline ends at the narrowest part of your leg. If it stops at the widest part of your calf, it will make your legs appear larger.
• Pleats? Please, don’t. They only serve to add volume where you want to minimize it.
• How about cuffs? Cuffs are best on those with long, nimble legs and should be avoided on those with short legs.
• Opt for Capris that have straight or slightly flared legs, not “skinny” legs. Unless you have a bod like Sarah Jessica Parker, they’ll balance out hips and keep you proportional.
• If you’re on the shorter side, pair your Capris with heels to create an elongated leg line.
Whether you opt for denim, seersucker or twill, capris are available in all shapes and sizes. Perfect for a casual afternoon out, or just as appropriate for a dressier evening look, try a pair of capris and see just how chic they can look!