Monday, February 16, 2009
Beauty on a Budget
Beauty on a budget doesn't necessarily have to mean buying products on the cheap. On the contrary, investing in good products that multitask will save you just as much money without compromising on the finished product. After all, you want put your best face forward for the whole world to see.
These multitasking money-savers will help you maximize your beauty routine and streamline your budget:
1. Tinted Moisturizer from Mary Kay combines the coverage of sheer foundation with the protection of sunscreen in a nourishing moisturizer that's just $18. Why buy 3 products when you could buy just 1?
2. 2+1 For Eyes Inspiration from Paula Dorf brings you 3 complementary shadows (shadow, contour and liner) in one easy round. Take the fuss out of choosing three that work well together and you'll enjoy the benefit (and the savings) of having three-in-one. $24.
3. The Multiple from Nars in Orgasm is a radiant peachy-pink wash that imparts a luminous glow on eyes, cheeks, lips and even decolletage and is a great way to brighten up your skin after a long winter. ($37)
4. The Shimmer Brick from Bobbi Brown ($38) is definitely worth its salt. Use a large brush to sweep on an all-over radiance as a bronzer or smaller brushes to access one of the many individual colors to use them as eye shadows or blush. You can even mix with Vaseline to create a lip-gloss.
5. The Superbalm from Liz Earle is an emergency skin salve chock full of healing ingredients such as avocado, echinacea, rose hips and other plant oils that work wonders on dry skin and lips, help heal scars, moisturize cuticles and even tame frizzy hair. This is multitasking at its finest. ($8.50 - $29)