Monday, March 02, 2009
In the Trenches
Each season one item in your wardrobe that goes with everything and brings polish to what you already own. This spring that item is a trench coat. Trench coats are often thought of as outerwear to be worn only when the sky is cloudy. But this month the trench coat has come out from under its stereotype and it’s now perfectly fine to wear one even when the sun is shining. What better way to kick up your jeans and a tee, or even sweatpants, on those days that you’re just not feeling put together? This spring go for bold, bright colors when it comes to choosing your trench. Sure, you could go the khaki or black route, but wouldn’t a pop of blue, pink or yellow bring you out of the winter doldrums a lot sooner? You can find trench coats in all lengths, colors and price ranges this season. Here are a few of our faves:
1. This Mid-length Trench comes in several shades but we love this wild-berry ($49.99).
2. For a bold pop of color try this Belted Twill Trench ($49.50)
3. A chic take on a classic, this Stand Up Collar Coat from New York and Co. is on sale for just $19.99 - hurry, they won't last at this price!
4. For a cute infusion of color to keep you warm and dry add this Short Double-Breasted Trench ($39.99) to your wardrobe.
5. A slouchy take on a typically crisp style, we love this Metallic Linen Trench from Spiegel.
6. A great color to add to your wardrobe this spring is navy, and what better way than to don a navy Belted Twill Trench from Old Navy ($49.50).