Saturday, March 07, 2009
Are you ready to bare your feet? After being under wraps all winter your feet may look less than desirable and not at all ready to slip into your sandals. But don't despair. With a little attention and the right tools your feet will be ready to make their spring debut in no time. Ms. Pedicure is a wonderful line of products that are affordably priced ($.99 - $12.99) and made especially for giving yourself pedicures at home, and offer everything you need except the polish to get your feet pedi-ready.
To feet looking their best, try these tips for an at-home pedicure:
1. Remove any nail polish with nail polish remover and cotton balls.
2. Trim nails with toenail clippers. Avoid a rounded look and go for toenails cut straight across to help prevent painful hangnails. Smooth out the edges with a nail file.
3. Scrub your toenails with a nail brush from Ms. Pedicure, the soak for ten or fifteen minutes in a basin full of warm water. For added relaxation, add a couple of tablespoons of Epsom salts and a few drops of essential oils. This will make your feet feel fabulous while helping to soften cuticles and calluses on the bottom of the feet.
4. Apply an exfoliating foot scrub. This one from Ms. Pedicure contains pumice and rosemary to give you smoother, softer feet. Rinse well and pat dry.
5. Use a foot file to further exfoliate calluses and other rough spots on the bottoms of the feet.
6. Apply cuticle oil and gently push your cuticles back with an orange stick.
7. Apply a base coat. This is especially important if you're using a dark polish to help prevent staining on the nail of the toe.
8. Pick out your favorite shade - metallic, perhaps? - and apply two coats. Once the color has dried, apply a top coat to prevent chipping and to help the polish last longer.
9. Once the toenails have dried, apply a foot lotion such as Ms. Pedicure's Intensive heel cream formulated with shea butter to keep the rough patches away. Wear a pair of socks or spa booties to keep the moisture locked in and to get the ultimate benefits from a pedicure.
To help maintain your fabulous feet, keep your foot file at the ready and do a quick scrub in the shower. Your soles will be ready to bare at all times.
We're giving one winner a stash of Ms. Pedicure products to help get your feet ready for spring. To enter just leave us a comment tell us your favorite polish shade for a pedicure. Deadline is Midnight, EST, March 12, 2009. ($20 value)