Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Spread Your Wings and Fly
Butterflies are an ever-present motif in fashion during warm weather. And why not? These lovely creatures fill us with delight at their mere appearance and their brightly hued wings. My son loves to watch butterflies and is mesmerized when he sees one. Perhaps he realizes that it started life out as just a caterpillar, then went on to blossom into the beautiful creature it is now.
Butterflies are symbolic of metamorphosis making them the perfect symbol for women. We are constantly reinventing ourselves, becoming better and more beautiful with age. So why not add a butterfly or two to your wardrobe and let it fill those around you with delight!
Items shown here:
1. This pretty Butterfly Tee has a homespun feel and looks great paired with shorts or a denim skirt($10).
2. Add a touch of elegance to your outfit with this silver butterfly ring ($198).
3. Carry your belongings in a Kate Landry Butterfly Tote($59) for a chic take on a practical tote.
4. Pin on this gorgeous butterfly brooch ($173) and watch your outfit take flight!
5. How can you not look glamorous in these lovely Prada Butterfly Sunglasses ($245)?
6. An ethereal butterfly print scarf ($9) takes your tees to a whole new level.
7. This colorful Butterfly Tote ($59) makes shopping even more fun!
8. jade butterfly earrings (12 GBP) add a subtle sophistication to your most casual of looks.