In our lives there are many things that we tolerate each day that are out of our control; the traffic during your daily commute, your take-out order that got screwed up, your in-laws who decided to drop in unexpectedly. Sometimes we just need to embrace things and move on.
Yet when it comes to your image and your wardrobe, simply tolerating things that bother you zaps your energy and sends the message to yourself that you don't matter - that you don't deserve to have a perfect wardrobe or even a clean pair of pants. And what does that do to your self-esteem? Well, you can only imagine.
A few of the many things we tolerate when it comes to our clothes include:
- wearing clothes that don't fit or flatter your body
- wearing items that are stained, ripped or torn
- wearing items that don't really suit your personal style
- wearing pants that need to be hemmed
- a disorganized closet that makes you depressed to just look at it
- a lack of style
- a bad haircut or no hairstyle
- a messy makeup drawer filled with old or broken cosmetics
- shoes that need to be polished and/or repaired
Ok, I could go on and on, but you get the picture. Now I'd like to ask you to think about 5 things that you tolerate in your wardrobe (or with your image) that, if corrected, would help you feel like a million bucks. This could be anything from the threadbare bra you wear to the ill-fitting jeans you own. Start with the most simple-to-fix tolerations and then make a point to do something about it. Once you take charge of those little frustrations then you can begin to focus your energy on taking your look to the next level, wearing the right clothes for your body and feeling fabulous!